Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spirit of The Marathon

Spirit of the Marathon
The Spirit of The Marathon was about how six people trained for the Chicago Marathon for many weeks. A marathon is a running competition that many people run in for many different reasons like to win! I think Deena Kastor's story was the most interesting because she had competed before and won and she was having pressure to win again and she did! I think most of the people in the video wanted to be in the marathon to show themselves that they could finish and feel great that they did. On the other hand the people who did if for fame I feel was Deena and Daniel because they were already awarded for their running so they just did it to beat their time to get even more recognition. I would love to say to myself that I completed a marathon and could feel good inside from people cheering you on and the medal that you get after from completing the marathon! I would practice and get into a marathon when I felt ready. The phase, "It's a marathon not a spirit" I think it means that it actually feels real when you are there running and the people on the sidewalks shouting you name and cheering for you until the end!! The spirit part is about that it does not feel fake at all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment